This is by far the easiest cushion to make as it is a very simple design and doesn't need a zip or buttons to close so you can easily knock one up in an hour. I love to be able to hug and snuggle into my cushions so I don't add hard decorations such as buttons etc as they would just get in the way but you can add embellishments if you want. Anyway here is the basic design, you can personalise it as you see fit, have fun.
1. Cut a piece of washed & ironed fabric 4 cm wider than your cushion pad and 2½ times as long (my cushion pad is 46cm x 46cm so I cut my fabric 50cm x 115cm).
2. At the two short ends turn the fabric over by 1cm to create a hem, then turn it over again to make a double hem and pin in place.
3. Iron the hems then sew and remove pins.
4. Place the fabric wrong side down and fold in the ends so that they overlap each other equally. The folded fabric length should now be the size of your cushion pad, if it isn't then just move each end a little until it is the right size. Pin the whole fabric to hold in place while you sew the sides.
5. Sew the sides using a 2cm seam allowance. Remove pins.
6. Turn your cushion cover the right way out, carefully poking out the corners and then insert your cushion pad.
7. Your cushion is now ready to hug.