These little matchbox chest of drawers are great for keeping small treasures in or as storage for stamps, buttons or even bugs (for all the boys out there!)
1. Glue the 3 matchboxes on top of each other, making sure all the sides match up evenly. Leave to dry.
2. Using a flexible tape measure (or a length of string), measure the length (from front of the drawer to the back) of a matchbox and then measure all the way around the sides of the 3 boxes.
3. Using these measurements cut a strip of patterned paper (or you can use plain paper and decorate it).
4. Spread PVA glue on the back of the paper and starting at the middle base of the bottom matchbox, wrap the paper around, joining up again at the base. Add any extra decorations (optional).
5. Take out the drawers and using the tip of a craft knife or bradawl, carefully cut a small hole in the centre of each drawer front and add a split pin (brad/paper fastener). Add any extra decorations (optional).
6. Slide the drawers back in making sure they are the correct way up.
7. Your mini chest of drawers are now ready.