Here is another cute gift box to add to your collection. The internal dimensions measure about 2½ inch square, so this box is ideal for a small gift. You don't need many things to make this gift-box, not even glue! It is held closed with ribbon or string so it's best when deciding which colour/pattern of card to make your box from, to also choose a ribbon or string that either compliments or contrasts with the card depending on the effect you want to achieve.
1. Print out the gift box template (link below), and cut out following the solid lines.
2. Place the template on the back of your card and carefully draw around the outside edge.
3. Carefully cut out the drawn shape from the card and gently rub out any pencil marks.
4. Keep the card shape right-side down, and place the paper template on top of it so that it covers it exactly.
5. Firmly hold the two pieces together and carefully but firmly score along the dotted lines with the crochet hook.
6. Remove the paper template and carefully re-score the folds.
7. Carefully fold in the scored flaps and press (I find the easiest way to do this (if you are right handed) is to place your left hand on top of the card and fold the flap against your fingertips with your right hand).
8. Then squeeze together the points/corners to sharpen the folds.
9. Decide which side will be the top and then fold it over the bottom side (so the bottom fits inside the top).
10. It is now ready for you to place a small gift inside and hold closed with some ribbon or string.
How to wrap a box with ribbon or string
10a. Hold a long length of ribbon or string in the centre, place it across the top of the box and wrap it down two opposite sides until they meet underneath (gently turn box upside down).
10b. Twist the two pieces together and then take them up the two empty sides back to the top of the box (gently turn box right side up).
10c. Tie the two ends together, make a loop one one side, wrap the other piece around it and poke it through the hole that's created, thus making the second loop of your bow. Gently pull the loops and then cut off any excess ribbon/string.
11. Your beautiful gift is now wrapped and ready.