Sometimes the most precious gifts come in little packages and what better way to give them than with a gift-box made with love. This flower-topped gift box is really easy to make and doesn't even need glue as it only requires cutting and folding. So if you have a small gift to give but want to make it extra special then this project is perfect for you.they would also be ideal as wedding/party favours filled with sweets.
**TOP TIP - THE TEMPLATE IS FOR A SMALL GIFT BOX BUT CAN BE ENLARGED USING A SCANNER/PHOTOCOPIER IF A LARGER ONE IS REQUIRED, REMEMBER YOU WILL NEED CARD BIGGER THEN A4 FOR A LARGER GIFT BOX - TOP TIP**
1. Download the template onto printer paper and carefully cut out.
2. Carefully draw around the paper template onto some card and cut out (this will make a stronger template that can be used over and over again to make many boxes).
3. Using the paper template as a guide mark the fold lines with a ruler and pencil.
4. Place the stronger card template onto the back of the card you want to make the box out of, draw around it and carefully cut out. Rub out any pencil marks.
5. Using a ruler and the back of a crochet hook/blunt knife score the fold lines on the card using the template as a guide and lift up each side pressing it against the ruler.
6. One at a time fold the sides in and press the fold with a bone folder to sharpen the crease.
7. Place your small gift in the centre of the box.
8. To close the box take two adjoining flaps and tuck the top (petal) of the right flap under the top (petal) of the left flap. Hold them together with your right hand.
9. Take the next flap from the left hand side and tuck its top under the one to its right.
10. Continue tucking the flap tops in the same way, the last one will hold them all securely in place. The gift box is now finished and the top of it should resemble a flower.