Memo pads are part of our lives now-a-days, so why not make a personalised one for yourself or as a gift for someone special with a message printed on each page. Copydex glue is used to hold the pages together, Copydex is a latex based rubber glue which is often used when crafting with children as the latex solution is water-based making it relatively non-toxic. Copydex is perfect when making memo-pads as it holds the pages together until it's time to just peel one away from the block.
You will need:
Paper trimmer or Ruler, pencil, eraser & scissors
Fancy edged scissors (optional)
Stamps & inks (optional)
Cardboard (cereal box)
Fold-back clips or bulldog clips
1. Cut paper into about 30-35 equal size pieces (between 6 & 8 cm squares works well). It will be a lot quicker if you have a paper trimmer, but if not just draw equal sized squares/rectangles on to paper and cut them out with scissors (and then rub out any pencil marks). You can use fancy-edged scissors to cut along three of the sides if you like but the top side must be left straight.
2. You can customise your memo pad by adding a stamped image to each page if you desire.
3. Place all the sheets on top of each other lining up the straight top edge.
4. Cut two pieces of cardboard slightly larger than the paper sheets.
5. Keeping the top edge clear place a piece of cardboard on the top and bottom of the papers, sandwiching them.
6. Hold the paper & card sandwich firmly together with fold-back/bulldog clips.
7. Carefully spread some Copydex glue along the straight top edge of papers and leave for about 20 minutes propped between a couple of storage tins/books.
8. Spread a second layer of glue along the top edge and leave to dry (Copydex is white when wet but will dry clear).
9. When the glue is completely dry carefully remove the bulldog clips and cardboard.your memo pad is now ready to use.