We sometimes have bingo & quiz nights with our family which are great fun, but I thought I'd add a bit more excitement to our next evening together by making some Scratch Cards with funny prizes. This idea could also be used for fund-raising, charity events, business promotion or just for a bit of fun.
1. Print out the scratch cards (link below) or design some scratch-cards yourself - I made mine using 'paint shop pro' and different clip-art images on my computer.
2. Cut out the individual cards.
3. I then used stamps to add the 'prize' part on each image that will be revealed when it is scratched off later. Leave ink to dry.
4. Place each scratch card face down onto some scrap paper. Apply glue to the back and then stick them to some coloured card (remember to leave enough space between each one so that when they are individually cut out you can see the backing card).
5. Cut out each card.
6. Protect your work surface with newspaper.
7. Gently mix together 1 part washing-up liquid with 2 parts silver metallic acrylic paint..
8. Paint 5 or 6 layers of paint over the plastic side of a sheet of sticky-backed plastic (I'm using an A4 size sheet), leaving to dry between each coat.
**TOP TIP - It looks neater, dries better and is easier to scratch off if you apply several thin layers of paint rather than one thick layer. -TOP TIP**
9. When the paint is completely dry (I left mine to dry over night) measure & mark on the paper side into pieces big enough to cover the prize reveal part (for the scratch cards I'm making, a 3cm x 3cm square is big enough to cover the balloon part). Cut enough squares out for the number of scratch cards you are making.
**TOP TIP - Don't worry if you have some painted plastic left over...just keep it somewhere safe until you make your next set of scratch cards. - TOP TIP**
10. Peel off the paper backings and stick the painted plastic onto the scratch cards.
11. You are now ready to play - just take a coin and use it to rub away the painted part...if you're lucky you may win a prize.